Saturday, September 8, 2012

Our house! Part 2: Front Hall/Kitchen



So, this is part 2 of our house pics! :)

This post will be of our front hall 
(which is really our door that goes to the backyard, 
but it's the one we use the most) and kitchen. 
I didn't take many pics of the kitchen because I just posted recently about our kitchen makeover. 
Which you can check out if you wanna see more pics of the kitchen.

Just like the walls and trim were in the kitchen, the front hall
 (which is open right into the kitchen) 
was similar to the way the kitchen looked.
The walls were white, but dirty and scuffed and the trim was all wooden, but had spots that had paint on it.

I don't have any before pictures of the hall, but in one of my pics you can get an idea of what it looked like.

Here's how it looks now, after I painted it sea-foam (blue-ish green) and the trim off white.




Here's the kitchen! :)





Here's the view connecting the kitchen and the front hall area. 
The wall thats not painted is what the whole room used to look like. That wall had some 70s spindles in it. We'll be taking down that wall soon and will put a small 2 seat kitchen table or something like that in that spot.
The dog's cage will be moved then as well.
This pic also has a blurry version of my pup in it. Hehe.





 This is the back door that leads into our fenced in back yard. We use this most since our front door comes right in onto carpet. Also, this door goes out to the garage and the part of the driveway where we park.




 The front hall leads into the bathroom as well! Which you saw in my last post! :)




The kitchen and front hall will look much more open when the wall is out. I can't wait to see it! :) John thinks we should leave the wall and put a fish tank into the wall. Haha! Though I agree that'd be really cool, it's not affordable, and I doubt would be great for re-sale. It's a fun idea though! Hehe.

The next post will be:

Our house! Part 3: The Spare room


1 comment: